SYCF Community Grants Programme
The SYCF Community Grants Programme is made up a number of grant funding pots and is intended to support small, developing or less well-resourced community groups and organisations across South Yorkshire, where small amounts of funding can make a real difference.
How much can I apply for?
- between £250 and £5,000, to be spent within one year.
Who can apply?
- not for profit organisations with a bank account in the name of the group, and at least three unrelated committee members. This could be constituted groups, registered charities, or charitable incorporated organisations. We don’t fund community interest companies, but we can fund companies limited by guarantee that don’t pay their directors.
- groups must have beneficiaries who live in South Yorkshire and be locally led and run. This includes locally constituted and managed branches of national or large charities
What are the priorities of the programme?
We fund projects that have at least one of the following impacts:
- improve life skills, education, employability & enterprise
- maximise community cohesion & build social capacity
- promote reduction of isolation and disadvantage
- advance people’s physical health and well-being
- connect people with arts, culture and heritage
- transform access to and engagement with public spaces and the environment
It isn’t as complicated as it sounds. We have a guide to impact to help you.
What can I spend the money on?
Anything that delivers the project – it can be:
- capital work (provided you own or lease the building/land)
- or revenue, including room hire, expenses, sessional staff or salaries (e.g. extra hours for an existing staff member, or a short term contract)
How do I apply?
There is a form to be completed online (called part A), and one requesting information about your organisation (Part B). To apply please click here to be taken to our application page.
When can I apply?
We have quarterly deadlines throughout the year. For the next, please complete your application by 16th August 2017.