Fundraise for SYCF
Fundraising events can be a great way of raising valuable funds for community projects while having fun at the same time.
We can suggest ideas for one-off fundraising events to raise funds for SYCF, with many prominent organisations naming us as their annual chosen charity to benefit from fundraising efforts.
Download our 'Supporters Pack' for a range of great fundraising ideas
Download our amendable event templates so you can promote what you are doing:
Download the Sponsor Form to maximise the donations you receive and gift aid that you can claim
Organise fundraising day(s) at work
- Organise a monthly dress up/down day at work to raise vital funds to tackle local issues
- Hold a bake sale - 'I Love' themed cakes
- Hold a lunchtime pub style quiz. Teams pay to enter; the quiz could be based on facts about your area.
- Turn the air Red, instead of Blue: If someone in your office swears too much then encourage them to start a swear box with the proceeds being donated to the 'I Love' Campaign.
It can help to focus your fundraising on a specific date or set of dates. Here are some suggestions:
- 'I Love' Day – 14th February – what better way to show your love for the area than organising some fundraising on Valentine's Day (or the closest suitable day)
- Yorkshire Day – 1st August – help dispel the myth that Yorkshire Folk are tight by raising money on Yorkshire Day (or the closest date that is suitable to your organisation). Celebrate and represent Yorkshire as you see it, dress up or dress down, hold a competition to see who knows the most 'Yorkshire Phrases', organise a Yorkshire themed lunch with pie and peas or Yorkshire Puds. It's about having a laugh and raising money to tackle local issues!
See the top of the page for the downloadable sponsor form and event template.
Organise a sponsored event
You could organise your own event, such as a sponsored walk, or take part in a pre organised event and raise money for the I Love campaign. So we can claim gift aid on donations, please use our sponsor form (see above).
The following activities are organised by external organisations and are open to supporters of all charities – don't forget to tell organisers you are raising money for SYCF/the I Love Campaign.
Abseil, Zip Slide, Power Fan & Bungee jump at Magna, Rotherham & bungee jump sites at other locations across the UK. Visit www.ukbungee.co.uk for more details. To book call 07000 286 433.
Traditional adventure events
Yorkshire & National 3 Peaks Challenge
Walking & cycling events. Whole Hog Dash
Visit www.eightpointtwo.co.uk and click on 'open events' for more details of events near to you. To book call 0114 233 5858.
If you feel adventurous and fancy a real challenge such as climbing Kilimanjaro or cycling across Vietnam please contact Discover Adventure for a list of challenges.
www.discoveradventure.com or call 01722 718444
Contact us on 0114 242 4857 to discuss your ideas for supporting local communities through SYCF.