How to apply
To apply for an SYCF grant you will need to complete your online Part A application form.
What you need to know:
- the Online Part A application form is accessed via a url link which will be sent in your registration email
- guidance on how to fill in the application form is available on the form in blue information symbols
- you can receive advice on your online application from our grants team
- you can save your application at any stage whilst completing the online form. We recommend that you save it in draft format at regular intervals
- you will be able to attach electronic copies of your organisation’s documents that we require,
- a copy of your last year’s / your most recent accounts
- a photocopy of a bank statement no more than 3 months old which has been signed by 2 management committee members
- quotes (as appropriate) no more than 3 months old
- any other material you consider relevant to your application (please do not send material you want returned e.g. leaflets, flyers, press cuttings)
- your registration email will also include a Part B form which contains further questions and requires signatures from two members of your organisation to accept the Terms and Conditions of applying for a grant
- once you have completed and submitted Part A online, you will receive a copy by email for your records and a copy will also be sent to us
- your Part B application should be signed and posted to South Yorkshire’s Community Foundation together with any supporting documentation that you were unable to attach online to your form, eg any other material you consider relevant to your application (please do not send material you want returned e.g. leaflets, flyers, press cuttings)
SYCF Ltd, Riverside Works, Unit 9-12 Jessop’s Riverside, 800 Brightside Lane, Sheffield S9 2RX
*Please note that the deadline stated for completed applications refers to both Part A and B forms
To complete Part A of the online application form click on the link below:
Online application form
- your application will be assessed against the criteria
- we may arrange an assessment visit to your group
- our panel of independent volunteer decision makers will make their decisions
- for most of our funding programmes, panel meet every 12 weeks but this can vary
- the panel’s decision is final.
If your application does not meet our criteria or is ineligible, we will contact you to let you know.
Payment and Monitoring of grants awarded:
If your grant is awarded, we will inform you by email and you will be asked to confirm your bank details for a BACS or cheque payment and sign to accept terms and conditions of the grant. Once we have received this, the payment will be made and you will also receive a link to your end of grant monitoring form. We have to ensure that funding has been appropriately spent and therefore require monitoring information. You will be asked to report on the difference the grant has made to your group and beneficiaries. This must be completed six weeks after the grant has been spent or the activity has finished.
Your project may also be subject to a monitoring visit and any audit requirements of the programme.You must retain all receipts, invoices and all expenditure relating to your grants including any capital items, and confirm the expenditure with your monitoring return
South Yorkshire’s Community Foundation will only consider further applications if a satisfactory monitoring form is returned for previous grants awarded.
For more information or to discuss your application please get in touch with the Grants Team via the contact information below.