South Yorkshire Disaster Relief Appeal Fund 2023
Help for individuals and families for recovery following the floods:
Grants may be made for charitable purposes to relieve hardship caused directly or indirectly by the flooding in South Yorkshire in October 2023. The South Yorkshire Disaster Relief Appeal Fund is funded by donations from individuals, businesses, churches, charitable trusts and funds from South Yorkshire Community Foundation Ltd.
Who can apply?
- Individuals or families whose properties and contents have been damaged by flooding
- Individuals or families who are suffering other hardship as a result of the flooding
Anyone affected can apply, although priority will be given to:
- Uninsured, low income households, people over 70, families with young children under 5, people with physical or learning disabilities or mental health needs or medical conditions
- Individuals and families suffering financial or other hardship
- Insured households on low incomes suffering financial hardship with insurance excesses
How much can you apply for?
Hardship grants are normally up to £600 subject to funding availability. However, in exceptional circumstances, higher grant awards may be considered. We recognise that after the initial period, additional needs may become apparent and further applications to the fund will be accepted at a later stage.
How to apply:
We will require an application form to support your application. You must supply the name of a referee who is known to you and can vouch for your circumstances using the form attached to the application form.
Deadline: 5pm, 29th February 2024
If you would like to know more about this Appeal and Fund or need assistance to complete an application, please call SYCF’s Grants Team on 0114 242 4857
Please view and complete the Fund Guidlines/Application Form, the Independent Referee Details and the Salesforce Application below: