Grants will be considered from charities, constituted voluntary and community groups that focus on:
– Education – Charities or projects that enhance learning and develop career opportunities.
– Health – Promote health and wellbeing.
– Social – Provide local solutions to meet local needs, promote community cohesion and develop sustainable and supportive communities.
Grants are available between £2,000 – £10,000 and must be spent within a year.
– Groups that have been running for at least 2 years.
– Salary, equipment or volunteer costs that are clearly budgeted and only used for the project – evidence will be required.
– Grants can be made for a wide range of purposes including consumables, project or activity costs.
– No more than 10% of the project costs can be assigned to operational/core costs.
– Your application value must be no more than 20% of the organisation’s annual income.
– Your organisation’s income level must less than £500,000, as shown in your most recent annual accounts.
You can apply to this fund if you are one of the following:
– Registered charities
– Constituted Community groups
– Companies Limited by Guarantee with charitable aims
– Community Interest Companies
– Co-operatives – registered Community Benefit Societies and registered Industrial and Provident Societies
– Social Enterprises
**Funding to Community Interest Companies and other non-charities may include conditions to restrict funding to charitable objectives only.
Please note, we are unable to fund the following:
– Individuals or sole traders
– Arts and media focussed projects
– Sports clubs and societies (unless the project benefits disabled people)
– Contact sports such as boxing
– Capital Builds
– Direct replacement of statutory obligations and public funding
– Promotion of religious or political activities
– Groups with significant financial free reserves
– Organisations or charities which are solely to promote any particular religion
– Organisations who have indicated poor management of any previous grants or who present poor financial health
– Payment of deficit funding or repayment of loans
– Animal welfare, unless the project benefits people (e.g. disabled riding schemes)
– Statutory work in educational institutions
– Pure sponsorship purposes or funding purely for costs of fund-raising events
To be eligible to apply you must be able to provide proof of:
Your organisation / company has a management committee / board of trustees / board of directors with at least 3 unrelated people as members, a list of those directors will be required showing who has bank authorisation.
– A written constitution / articles / set of rules.
– A copy of your most recent annual accounts or financial records showing your organisation’s balance of funds, income and reserves
– A bank account in the name of the organisation with at least two unrelated signatories
– A bank statement from the last 3 months, signed by two bank signatories
– Copies of your safeguarding policy (if you will be working with children or vulnerable adults)
– Equal opportunities policy.
– Quotes for capital items over £300.
Please apply by TBC for your application to be considered.