Our volunteering opportunities
We currently have over 60 volunteers most of whom provide local knowledge and expertise on grants panels. However, there are always new opportunities for volunteers and we hope that you might give this some thought. Of course, you may know other people who are also well-suited to some of these jobs, so please let us know!
Help to improve our communities by using your skills in the following areas:
Join a grants assessment panel
- be a part of one of our quarterly independent decision making panels to ensure our grant funding goes to the community groups making the most impact
- We are particularly interested in recruiting volunteers from a Black, Asian, Minority, Ethnic or Refugee background to better represent South Yorkshire.
- SYCF also wishes to recruit younger volunteers to gain further access to the ideas of the whole community.
- Project Work – writing for specific campaigns, media work, creating digital material
- Case Studies –writing inspirational stories
- Business Contacts – networking
- Social Media – managing social media sites, creating new content
- using organisational, maintenance and other skill to keep our office functional
- secretarial Support
- minute taking, transcription, editing and proof-reading
- learn the ropes of bid writing
- help SYCF to bring in more funding opportunities to South Yorkshire
- support foundation staff with their fundraising efforts through marketing, events and much more
- support foundation to streamline and create more effective campaigns and projects
- using databases, devising research instruments
When you volunteer for the Foundation you will get:
- an introduction to, and information about the Foundation
- details of the responsibilities of your specific volunteer role and the support and training available
Potential panel members also:
- attend a relevant grants panel as an observer to gain an overview of the role
- if still interested, then invited for further training to learn about the process
Our Equal Opportunities statement:
South Yorkshire Community Foundation is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).
Interested? Get in touch!