SYCF will be distributing money raised through the NET appeal to local community groups and charities across South Yorkshire.
– Groups that support the ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure that their health and wellbeing is maintained
– Groups and activities that support vulnerable people self-isolating (the elderly, people with pre-existing medical conditions etc)
– support for food banks and organisations working to combat hardship caused by the pandemic including child hunger
– community response coordination
– volunteer costs for new and existing organisations responding to the effect of the pandemic.
– additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
– additional support as required for emotional support, mental health and bereavement support
Secondarily, and if funds allow:
– support to counter the loss of contract income and fundraising for organisations providing support for vulnerable groups